Realize Strategies is seeking an Executive Assistant to the CEO
Realize Strategies is seeking a full-time, talented and professional Executive Assistant to the CEO with experience in professional services organizations to join our team. The Executive Assistant to the CEO works closely with both the CEO and the entire Realize Strategies team to help deliver internal and external projects efficiently and support general office administration. This position plays a key role in providing high level administrative support to the CEO, conducting general office administration, and providing project coordination support to the entire team to ensure we are taking on projects we have the capacity for, to keep projects running smoothly and on schedule, and to ensure there is quality assurance in our work.
The Executive Assistant to the CEO reports to the CEO and is accountable to the entire team.
Reporting to the CEO, the Executive Assistant is responsible for:
- Executive Support to the CEO
- General administrative support to the CEO;
- Supporting and prioritizing business needs for the CEO’s consulting work;
- Coordinating internal team meetings, including preparing agendas and taking meeting minutes; and
- Coordinating and managing Board meetings, including preparing agenda packages, taking minutes, and following up on action items.
- Office Administration
- Answering phones, responding to general inquiries, and coordinating with new clients and potential projects;
- Maintaining client and member database (CRM);
- Managing office facilities, including ordering and maintaining supplies/furniture, ordering catering for meetings, and coordinating new employee equipment and accounts set up;
- Assist with the coordination of Realize Strategies events;
- Assist with the maintenance of B Corp, Climate Smart, and other certifications;
- Presenting a positive and professional image of Realize Strategies to all visitors, suppliers, inquirers, and others; and
- Contributing to a positive and professional workplace.
- Project Coordination
- Supporting the efficient management of all projects, including management of proposals, contracts, invoicing, meeting logistics etc.;
- Attending business development and external client meetings, coordinating and updating the sales pipeline, and preparing and/or supporting preparation of client proposals and briefs;
- Coordinating and updating project management and tracking systems to ensure milestones are met and deliverables are completed on time;
- Attending project team meetings/calls and preparing and distributing minutes;
- Assisting with administrative side of consulting projects (e.g., printing interview packages);
- Ensuring regular reporting and communications are maintained with clients; and
- Sending out post-consulting surveys and following up with clients.
Qualifications and Competencies
The Executive Assistant to the CEO will possess the following:
- Preference for at least 5 years’ experience in a comparable role in a professional services organization (e.g., law firm, particularly an Executive Assistant to a partner);
- Post-secondary education in Office Administration, Business Administration, or a related field is an asset;
- Experience with all facets of project coordination, and an ability to manage multiple competing priorities;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills, mature judgment, and commitment to a team environment;
- Strong, accurate written and verbal English communication skills – preference to candidates who have prior experience preparing and/or reviewing client proposals, legal briefs etc.;
- Ability to proofread and edit documents efficiently and accurately;
- Superb organizational, prioritization, and time management skills;
- Strong computer skills (macOS, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and the ability to learn new software and assist others with computer or software problems;
- Strong file and database management skills;
- Ability to focus and reorient when interrupted, and be calm under pressure; and
- Ability to work independently and/or with minimal supervision.
The Executive Assistant to the CEO must have strong communication, organization, prioritization and time management skills, and be deeply committed to completing tasks the right way with a high degree of quality and accuracy. They must be a self-starter that looks for ways to make a difference and instinctively seeks ways to support clients and the team.
- Executive Support to the CEO
This Opportunity is now closed. Please review our other opportunities here.