Community Evolution Foundation is seeking a Program Manager
The Community Evolution Foundation (CEF) is currently accepting applications for an experienced Program Manager with strong program management and fundraising skills, fluency in Spanish, and a knowledge of community-based economic and/or international development.
Reporting to and taking direction from the Board President, the Program Manager is responsible for CEF’s administrative and operational systems, as well as the recruiting and supervision of Community Organizers/Facilitators. Initially, for the first 5 to 6 BC-based CEF community projects, the Program Manager will work directly with the communities in the same way as a Community Organizer. The intent is to develop a CEF model, that is replicable, scalable, and measurable for CEF impact assessment. The Program Manager is a full-time permanent position. This position is based in Vancouver but will require periodic travel to regions where CEF has projects underway.
About the Organization
Community Evolution Foundation (CEF) is an international non-profit organization helping communities to realize their common aims through the use of co-operative, community economic development practices.
CEF envisions local economies in which community control of capital supports the creation of healthy, thriving, and self-directing communities through the application of co-operative values and business practices. CEF seeks to promote a model of economic and social development based on co-operation, sustainability, and common benefit through the creation of community planned and cooperatively owned enterprises. CEF helps communities build enterprises and local economies that are profitable, sustainable, and contribute to the development of natural, social, physical, and cultural capital for the benefit of all.
The team is located in Vancouver (Canada), Sigchos (Ecuador) and La Baz (Bolivia) and with the direction of the Board of Directors, the team handles CEF’s daily operations in Latin America, Canada, and Greece.
Reporting to the Chair of the Board, the Program Manager is accountable for the following:
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with CEF’s projects, field staff, and partners;
- Administering continued funding to CEF’s projects and field staff as decided by the CEF Board and relevant CEF committees;
- Implementing longitudinal metrics to assess ongoing CEF community projects in relation to CEF’s 3 goals:
- community empowerment/development;
- sustainable, profitable community-owned businesses; and
- positive social outcomes;
- Developing monthly CEF field reporting templates (which include the longitudinal assessment metrics) to be used by the Community Organizers, and packaged and used for communication and fundraising purposes;
- Recruiting and supervising CEF Community Organizers, along with mentoring and training them on how to best fulfill their work; and
- Developing policies and procedures for working with CEF staff, communities, partners, and funders.
Community Organizers will report to, take direction from, and work with the CEF Program Manager in the preparation of detailed work plans outlining the tasks to be performed, the outcomes to be targeted, and timelines to be met.
Qualifications and Competencies
The ideal candidate will have an understanding and interest in the goals of community-based economic development and possess knowledge, skills, and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Community development;
- International and/or community economic development;
- Management of a co-operative, social enterprise and/or entrepreneurial non-profit; and
- Development, analysis and application of outcome/impact metrics.
The Program Manager will possess the following:
- A relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience;
- At least 5 years’ experience in program administration, preferably in a community economic and/or international development environment
- A successful track record in developing and implementing fundraising programs;
- A demonstrated understanding of the goals of community-based economic development as it pertains to CEF’s vision and mandate;
- Experience reporting to a volunteer non-profit board of directors;
- Fluency in Spanish, oral and written.
This Opportunity is now closed. Please review our other opportunities here.